3rd Dec 2018
Amazing Benefits Of
Amla (Indian gooseberry)Juice
Indian gooseberry or amla is undeniably a powerhouse of nutrients. The essential
minerals and vitamins that it contains, are not only integral to our body's well- being,
but also indispensable to preventing and managing some of the most common
and widespread diseases. Whether eaten raw, juiced, powdered or simply added in
an array of pickles, jams, dips or spreads - including amla in your diet finales
into good health by all means. Amla is an excellent source of Vitamin C,
hence it helps boost your immunity, metabolism and prevents viral and bacterial
ailments, including cold and cough. Its nutritional profile also comes studded
with a range of polyphenols that are known to fight against the development of
cancer cells. According to Ayurveda, amla juice is known to balance all the
processes in the body and brings to equilibrium
all three doshas - vata, kapha, pitta. There are many health benefits of amla juice,
if included to daily diet. One of the most effective ways to add amla to your diet is
to juice it and have it diluted with water every day on an empty stomach.
It clears your system, aids in digestion, helps in maintaining clear skin,
healthy hair and good eyesight.
1. According to a Delhi based weight management expert, Dr. Gargi Sharma,
amla juice can be taken as a powerful home remedy to treat cough and flu
as well as mouth ulcers. Two teaspoon of amla juice with equal portions of honey
consumed everyday can help a great deal in treating cold and cough.
Mix a couple of teaspoons in water and gargle with it twice a day to get rid of mouth ulcers.
2. Regular consumption of amla juice helps in reducing cholesterol levels.
Amino acids and antioxidants aid in the overall functioning of heart.
3. Dr. Ashutosh Gautam, Clinical Operations and Coordination Manager at Baidyanath
shares that the alkaline nature of amla helps in clearing the system and
strengthening the digestive system.
4. It supports liver function and flushes out toxins from the body.
5. Along with Vitamin C, amla is also rich in iron, calcium, phosphorous and
hence can be taken as a complete nutritional drink.
6. "Our hair structure is close to 99% protein. Amino acids and protein present in
amla help in hair growth, tackling hair fall and fortifying the root as well as
the shaft," noted Dr. Gautam.
7. Though ageing is a natural and inevitable process , the process of ageing
can be slowed down for sure. The powerful anti oxidants present in Amla
get you rid of free radicals which are the main cause of wrinkles , blemishes
and age spots. Besides the above mentioned benefits, Amla also improves
immunity , appetite, hair quality , and eye health. "Dab it with a cotton swab
onto your face to fight marks, pigmentation and blemishes. Amla juice helps
in oxidizing melanin and closes skin pores," concluded Dr. Gautam.
8. It is also helpful in managing diabetes better as well as respiratory ailments
CLICK BELOW LINK TO VIEW VIDEO
Health Benefits of Amla
COMPILED BY :SONAL SHAH